FLU AND PNEUMOCOCCAL IMMUNISATION
Patients eligible for the NHS Influenza vaccination in 2023-2024
We will starting our flu clinics from 19th September 2023 with our Nursing team. We will be contacting the eligible patients as stated below, via sms and email using a prebookable appointment link
- those aged 65 years and over
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
- primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6)
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery during September to make an appointment if the above applies to you.